Sunday, August 14, 2016

Alpenrose Dairy


Milk, cheese, and cream flying everywhere was the ambiance in Alpenrose Dairy. It was Thursday when my family and I decided to go there to see how the dairy products are made. My first impression was the small town. It looked like a city in 1600s. The offices are so antique. I felt like I was living in the past. Everything was old. It made me think of a cowboy town and the Pony Express. I felt I was reborn and living in the past. The town in general reflects an intense moment in history such as the slavery period. I picture that place like a city where only white people were allowed the live, where each family has slaves. Another aspect is it reflects the improvement of transportation, the mail system, and the structure of cities. For example, back in a day horses were used for mailing.


On the other hand, it’s incredible to see how things have changed. The woolen wear shop was so traditional. It gives me an idea about the clothing in the past. After a few minutes looking with at all those old elements, I was amazed by the trolleys parked in one place waiting to ride. I was thinking how great it would be if I drove one of those trolleys everywhere.


In comparison the cobbler shop reminds me Senegal where fixing shoes is attributed to someone of a specific ethnic group. In USA cobbler is a job, but in it isn’t in Senegal.  In my culture folks who repair shoes should be from an ethnic group named Oude. In Africa more precisely in Senegal people still believe that some ethnic groups shouldn’t been married to other ethnic groups. If you are an Oude you cannot be married to someone from some other ethnic groups. What I hear is if you married to someone that you are not supposed to, your marriage will be horrible.

Finally, Alpenrose Dairy and this old town are a piece of art. Those dairy products in the old town inspired a good taste of milk. Being there and exploring the environment keeps me think constantly about ice-cream. The saddest thing of all of that is I am lactose intolerant.

No comments:

Post a Comment