Sunday, July 24, 2016

Alpenrose dairy


Milk, cheese and cream flying everywhere was the ambiance in Alpenrose dairy. Ice-cream my favorite food was in the meeting. In was Thursday when my family and I decide to go there to see how the dairy product are made. My first impression was the small town. It looked like a city in 60th. The offices are so antic. I feel like I was living in the past. Everything was old. It inspired me a cowboy town which the pony express. I felt I was reborn and living in the past. The town in general reflect an intense moment in story such as slavery period. I picture that place like a city where only white people was allowed the live. Where each family has slaves. Another aspect is it reflect the improvement of transportation, Mailing, and the structure of cities. Back in a day horse was use for


mailing.
On the other hand, it’s incredible to see how things have changed. The woolen wear shop was so traditional. It gives me an idea about the clothing in the past. After a few minutes looking with a big eye all those old elements, I was amaze by the trolleys park in one place waiting to ride. I was thinking how great will be if I drive those trolley everywhere. Exploring the town in a sunny day.

In comparison the cobbler shop reminds me Senegal where fixing shoes is attributed to one a specific ethnic. In USA cobbler is a job, but in it isn’t in Senegal.  In my culture folks who repair shoes should from an ethnicity group names Oude. In Africa more precise in Senegal people still believe that some ethnic shouldn’t been married to other ethnicity group. If you are an Oude you cannot be married to some other ethnic. What I hear is if you married to someone that you are not supposed to, your marriage will be horrible. Finally, Alpenrose dairy and this old town are a piece of art. Those dairy products in the old town inspired a good test of milk. Being there and exploring the environment keeps me think constancy about ice-cream. The sadness thing of all of that is I am lactose intolerant.

2 comments:

  1. Alpenrose Dairy has been a part of my live and childhood, As children in grade school we would go on field trips there, As a teen I would ride up there on my bike with my friends and ride around the velodrome. Recently it has become the home of the world little league softball championships. I hold a place in my heart for Alpenrose dairy I have fond memories there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comparisons to Senegal are fascinating. There used to be traditional crafts within family lines in the West, but not as much tied to ethnicity.

    ReplyDelete